C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 06:52:32 -1000
I think it's a red herring. Monogamy without gender bias is very
different than polygamy. Gay marriage is not the same as polygamy.
However even though supremacist polygamists (they all are by the way)
meet gays with baseball bats, the powers that want to see it
legalized have no compunction about trying to mix the two things
together. The irrational thinking at hand is if they legalize gay
marriage, then we can have polygamy back and I think this power play
is coming from the Mormon Church.
The UN Commission on the Elimination of Discrimination towards Women
and Children identifies polygamy as inherently biased. How do you
care for 50 children without falling heavily on the taxpayers, living
in abject poverty or doing something illegal to get the necessary money.