C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:01:58 -0400
Joy

A couple of things to try....

It may be a fungal/ yeast problem. You could try an athlete's foot cream - it'll clear the rash in a couple of days if this is it. Everything else is usually helped by a cortisone type preparation or an anti-bacterial ointment like polysporin.

If you want to try the diaper rash cream route - Balmex is the BEST! We can't buy it here in Canada so I have friends pick it up for me in the States so I never run out. I use it for any kind of minor skin irritation for the boys and us. Usually works overnight.

Once the problem is cleared up I would recommend corn starch to keep the area dry : cheap, natural, effective. Forget about commercial powders and talcs, even those claiming to be made with corn starch - not enough in there to matter and you don't need the other stuff that's in it!

Good luck!

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/24/00 12:43AM >>>
Thanks to everyone for the tips.  And no, I'm not offended about the diaper
rash idea... My theory is, go with what works.  I've learned not to be
sensitive about titles. ; )

~Joy~