C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Greg Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:11:45 -0500
On A Roll - Talk Radio on Life & Disability
http://www.onarollradio.com
Tune in Sunday at 9:05 PM EST on radio or Internet
Call in during the show at 1-800-298-8255 and win free software from
Microsoft!

On A Roll -- Talk Radio on Life & Disability has revamped its web site
to include "Internet-Only" broadcasts throughout the week, on-demand,
at http://www.onarollradio.com.  These broadcasts will feature late
breaking disability news, interviews, and feature reports.  The
"Internet-Only" broadcasts supplement the live On A Roll show, which
airs on over 30 radio stations and the Internet live each Sunday
evening at 9:05 PM Eastern Time.  (RealPlayer G2 software, available
for download free at http://www.real.com is needed to listen).  We
invite you to "bookmark" http://www.onarollradio.com and add a link to
us on your organization's web page.

This week On A Roll will have complete coverage of President
Clinton's  proposed  $2 billion, five-year package of health coverage,
tax credits and rehabilitation services to help tens of thousands of
disabled Americans return to work.  Our coverage will feature comments
from Labor Secretary Alexis Herman, who serves as Chair of the
Presidential Task Force on Employment of Adults with Disabilities.

We'll also talk about the complex issues faced by people who are both
disabled and an ethnic minority.  What are some of the unique
challenges.  If you are disabled and Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native
American or any other ethnic minority group, we would love to get your
perspective on these issues.  Call in during the show at
1-800-298-8255.  (Sunday at 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time)  All
callers will win software prizes from Microsoft!  This discussion will
include the alarming trend of violence leading to disability.  Our
guests will be Carl Cunningham, Chair of the Georgia Governor's
Council on Developmental Disabilities, and William K. Holley from the
Institute on Human Development and Disability at the University of
Georgia.

On A Roll is sponsored by:
* Microsoft --  http://www.microsoft.com/enable
* Action Storm Series Power Chairs -- http://www.invacare.com
* Easy Stand -- Our bodies were made to stand
--http://www.easystand.com/

To unsubscribe,  send e-mail to [log in to unmask] with "remove" in
the subject line