C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:16:02 -0400
I still recall some 30 years later, a co-worker whose live-in
boyfriend of 10 years died in a car crash.  His parents loathed her
and because he didn't leave a will, she lost everything they had
accumulated together.   Of course they could have gotten married
legally but they didn't believe in it - in any case, I believe such
situations should be covered by civil unions, not just for gays.

The day the UK allowed civil unions, there were ceremonies all over
Britain and I was inspired by the happy stories the papers were
reporting.  I honestly think we will be doing more good than harm by
allowing civil unions.

Kat