C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 14:19:32 -0500
This does raise many bioethical questions and some of these are dealt with
my son and his wife. When is the testing done and at what point is the
decision made. This does not even address Kat's point on who "decides"
healthy or unhelthy.
If the testing is done before a pregnancy and a couple decides not to have a
natural child, that is theiir business. On the other hand, if testing is
done after conception, that is another issue. Since I am a father of two
adopted children, my viewpoint is skewed.

    To me it is the stem cell issue that is a real moral quagmire. I do not
personally see any thin wrong with using stem cells for research.

Bobby