C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:07:43 -0500
Hi, all

Would anybody care to fill me in concerning the dilemma Re:: ableism? Interesting dilemma! I guess it highlights once again, how difficult it is to be "different " in this society.

I believe both sides of the issue hold strong merit and unfortunately children get caught in the middle. We certainly own know what that is like growing up disabled-any thoughts?

On a separate issue has anybody out there heard of the new book, Communication and People with Disabilities: Research and Application ? And it has some very good articles on interaction and attitudes towards people with disabilities in many different arenas. However, and my behind the times this book is listed on Amazon for $125.00. Wow! I'm still trying to get things settled here in Florida that's why I haven't participated much, but I wanted to weigh in here. This is a critical issue for everyone-including children with disabilities and their parents! Thanks, Gary ([log in to unmask])