C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 08:07:27 EDT
I read it.  Yes, it is scary.

I wonder what would happen if a government supervisor could actually say the
words "you're fired," without having to end up in some EEO office on some
bogus claim, or if employees had to bring their own pens and pencils to work
(instead of the other way around), or if copy and other machines, office
telephones, typing paper, and employee internet access, were tools actually
used for work purposes?  I wonder what would happen if multi cultural
festivals at work were held on Saturdays, and the people who wanted to attend
had to plan the event and attent it on their own time?

What would happen if government employees who became injured on the job
because they refused to abide by safety regulations, or wear safety equipment
that the taxpayers bought at no minor expense, and employees were trained to
use -- time and time again -- were held accountable for causing their own
injuries?

Disability is not a victimless crime.  We threaten lazy people everywhere.