C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:30:31 PST
Hi all,
I realize what I am about to ask is off-topic & very un-PC, but I still
think its worthy of discussion. I have been trying to date after a ten year
marriage, and am curious about whether, as a woman who uses a cane due to
CP, I should really expect to date nondisabled men?

I haven't had such great experiences up to now. I think than somehow women
are more accepting of a man with "flaws" of any sort, but that, in general,
men want more especially when it comes to physical appearence.

My ex is more effected by his disability than I, although mine is more
visible. I don't want to be a caretaker again. I just wonder if I'm wasting
my time trying to date nondisabled men.