C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:53:28 EST
Well, I'd have to say that he got me good.  I'm in a bit of hurtin' because
of this.  No matter though -- these things are sometimes for the best.  I
have learned my lesson about hiring the friend of a friend, not unlike the
way I seem to need to learn most of my lessons...the hard way.  Because of
his friendship with my friend, I felt like it would be rude to ask for things
in writing first (even though she suggested that I do that), felt pressured
to pay him up front because he supposedly needed money (even though she told
me not to), and then when things went wrong, because of his attitude, I was a
little scared to say anything to him.  I also found out that he was whining
to her about me, and trying to put her in the middle.

I knew how to hire someone properly, and I should have done it that way. This
was definitely my bad.  When I told another friend about it, he said "Gee,
that's too bad.  Perhaps next time you'll choose better."  Another one from
the fire service, he wasn't going to mince words.  I chose, and chose poorly.
 I knew that it was my fault.  I'm still mad though.

There was a lot of passive aggressive behavior with Mike, and he also came
onto me physically once.  I was sitting on a chair on rollers (my preferred
mode of travel in the house) and he was taking a break and sitting down too.
I said something about my shoulders hurting, and he grabbed my arm and pulled
me and my chair over to him, and started to rub my shoulders.  "Mike," I said
while I backed away, "you are a married man and I am not comfortable with
this anyway."  He stopped, but I felt so...I don't know the word for how I
felt.  I really wanted to smash him in the face.  I'm angry thinking about it
now.  He kept saying things like "you know, if you really wanted to do a guy
a favor, you might give him a blow job."  Then he'd add "bitch" like he was
making a joke out of it.  He said this exact thing each time he was at my
house, unless his daughter was there too.  I felt like I couldn't say
anything and so I went along with it.  I just kept telling myself that he
would be gone soon and to just deal with it.  I needed my house finished, and
he already had the money.

I'm angry because if he had pulled this crap when I was able bodied, I would
have behaved differently.  I would have -- as my beloved Amber might have
said -- opened a can of whip a**.

Now that I think about it though, my Dad did work for the Post Office for 40
years.  I'm genetically predisposed to go postal.  I should just have gone
postal on his a**.
I did have an offer from a neat guy, John, who is a neighbor and a new
friend.  He's in the process of fixing Mike's painting screw ups for me,
bless his heart.  He told me that if I wanted, he would go over and "regulate
that M.F." Is that funny or what?  It was cool, and to have him say that
really made me feel good, you know?  Suddenly, I felt like I had protection
or something.

I've got a lot of anger today, and I know I'm venting big time here -- thanks
for listening people.

And now...a word about Rayna's party.  I understand that she's paying
everybody's round trip airfare...hotel stays too!  Rayna, we might need a
couple of entire wings now, so you probably should get started on this right
away.  You're great for doing all this you know.  We sure appreciate it.
I've always wanted to see Australia, and meet the Crocodi, I mean Rayna.

Love to all -- I'm shutting up now,
Betty

In a message dated 11/08/2001 8:57:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Betty,
>
>  Man ... Oh man!!! Never a dull moment. I'd check with the BBB if I were
you.
>  Could be that he has a track record already of doing things like this. I'd
>  also find a lawyer and see if you can get any of that money back as well.
>  :-((  We all get taken in at some point or other. The big thing is learning
>  from our mistakes. It's all part of being human, unfortunately.
>
>  I really appreciated your other post too about alcohol. Right now, your
>  friend may hate your guts for turning her away, but that might be the
> turning
>  point for her as well to seek real treatment.
>
>  Sending a TON of hugs and kisses your way.
>
>  Hey, Rayna, I'm waiting to hear more about this gala party bash you're
> making
>  for all of us to celebrate your final exams being over. What flight, times,
>  place, and all the rest of the gizmo!!!
>
>  Dina

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam