C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:10:42 EST
Thanksgiving is a time to appreciate all the gifts we have. We have the
freedom to voice our opinions and to stand up to injustice when and where
they happen. Everyone has limitations but people with disabilities may have
more than others. We must not use these limitations to stop us from trying
our best and being the best we can be.

Our country is not perfect and there are many wrongs that need to be
corrected. We can improve society one step at a time by speaking out and
being heard. We can use today's technology to communicate to anyone in the
world and let our voices be heard especially the people that have been
silenced  or ignored. This will not stop ignorance or prejudice against
people with disabilities and anyone that is different but we can educate
society who we are.

We are people that may walk different or use wheelchairs or crutches, we may
have a speech defects and some of us may not speak at all but we are people
that have goals, dreams, desires, good days and bad days. We want and deserve
to be treated with respect and we must try to break down barriers that are
challenging all of us

Happy Thanksgiving

Stephen Allman