C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Nancy C. Butala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 17:12:14 EDT
Breanne does not use a communication aid, at least not yet.  I'm not exactly
sure she would even be able to comprehend the idea behind it.  Her school
showed us how they hooked up a big mac switch to a mixer and when they told
Breanne to push the button to turn on the mixer, she did understand to push
the switch.  Funny thing is Breanne does understand alot.  With me, she
usually is a stinker and does not do things like she does for school (I guess
pretty typical of some kids).  I'm pretty lucky with my girls . . . everyone
falls in love with them immediately!  We'll probably have to try different
things and see how she responds.

Nancy