C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:06:44 EST
Hi everyone-

Boy november and december have been a two tough months so far.  The reason
you haven't heard from me is that when I went home for thanksgiving my family
doctor in texas decided to discontinue the colanazapm.  He also put me back
on zoloft.  I got really depressed when I was down there.

Well I got back up here to idaho, ended up going to the counsling center and
the student health center this was on the 27th of november.  The PA mike (who
I saw because my regular doc wasn't there at that time--he's not there on
mondays) immeditly upped my dose of Zoloft.  The next day I saw my regular
counslor and the I had an appointment with Dr. Joseph.  I had been having an
ongoing anxiety attack since that saturday.  Tony was prety freaked out to
put it in laymens terms and through me back on Valium.  He told me to come
back in a week.  This was probably teh worst anxieety atack I have ever had.
I saw him again last tuesday (12/5).  I was doing better.  My blood pressue
is down and he is considering discontinuing the bp med after the break.   He
said I did not need to come back this week and to just make an appointment
with him when I got back from the break and to see my doc in texas when I was
down there.  Well the very next day (12/6)  I had one of those days from
hell, woke up crying, had to go to a christmass party for the volenteers at
the hospital, ended up missing my swiming class, could not find my keys which
all sent  me into a panic attack so I ended up back over at student health
as a walk in at about 4:30.  Dr. Joe had already left for the day--and really
I just wanted to talk to one of the nurses to get me calmed down.  Dr.
Bolkelmen (Jean) came in -- I have seen her once before when tony wanted her
to do a pap on me wich was unsucsfull and we haven't tried since--well anyway
she uped my dose of Zoloft yet again. I teased the nurse and said you know
tony said I did not need to come see him untill after the break unless there
was a problem, and here I am again less than 24 hours later.  Oh well shuch
is life.

So needless to say it's been a  rough cupple weeks getting used to valium
again and such.  I have changed my flight schedule so I will end up only
spending 3 weeks in texas.   I am sort of anxious about this--one week did
enough damage!  LOL.

I am all done with my finals.  I am probably one of the only people on campus
that is compleetly done as this is only Monday of finals week.  Shane and I
went out to dinner last night and Wensday I am going with him to his family's
christmass party.

Sorry I made this so long.  As you can see a bunch has been going on.

Yours,

Anee
Founder of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/