C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shonda Hinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:22:12 EDT
Thanks everyone, for the welcome....actually, I think I may have joined this
list twice!  I've signed up for three or four and have suddenly became
confused!  :)   But, in case I am new, let me introduce myself....

I'm 29 (turning 30 this year....Ugh!) I'm a full time college student
completing my Bachelor's in Biology degree, I'm interested in going into
either Pediatrics, Neonatalogy, or Neurology.  I'm married, for eight years,
and we have two beautiful little girls....Taylor who is 7 and Brandi who is
3.  Brandi was born 15 weeks premature and weighed only 1 lb and 11 oz.  She
had no IVH and was sent home with a clean bill of health four months later.
At 18 months, she was diagnosed with CP and later with the onset of reflux
and the failure to thrive had to have a gtube placed and a fundoplication
done.  At three years, she is a wide-eyed, sweet little girl, who loves
Barney, swimming, crawling all over the house, cruises the furniture, and
absolutely refuses to eat orally!! :)
Now that I've bored everyone, I think I'm finished.  :)

Thanks for the welcome,
Shonda
www.hometown.aol.com/miamidlphns013/index.html