C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emma G Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:46:52 +1000
Dear Jennifer,

don't apologise for talking about yourself!! I can't express just how heartening and inspiring
it is for me hearing other people's stories- like I said initially, I've never known anyone with
CP, and have never been able to talk so openly about it.  It's wonderful!!

I might look in to getting a note taker for next semester- I was going to transfer to another
uni, one which had better policies etc for equal op., but found out today that you can't
transfer midyear- so I'm stuck at the current one for at least this year.  Am looking into ways
to work around the disabiliy liaison office, seeing as how I can't seem to expect much support
from them.  Apart from the access stuff, I am actually really loving  the course, and doing a
lot better than I expected, so hopefully it'll all get sorted.

Sounds like you had a pretty full on time with your family..... I too got kickied out of my
mum's place at 17 (didn't have anything to do with my having CP, i don't think).  Luckily I get
on really well with my dad, so I stayed with him for a while.   I've lived independently for
four years now.  I'm living with my best  friend and my dog.  I'm a bit worried about how my cp
seems to get worse as I get older, and having to get more help down the track etc.  The other
night I was making dinner, and I cut my  finger and had to get stitches.  It scared me- you
know- realising how easily I could hurt myself like that..

Keep w