C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 12:49:47 -0400
You're lucky, Kat.  My brother loved baseball as a young teen. He breathed
the game--and was, actually, a pretty good pitcher.  But because we lived in
the boonies, none of his friends had transportation to get to our house to
play and vice versa.  So, he would park me against the cinder block garage
and make me "catch" his fastballs.  Well, hells bells, I didn't have any
depth perception, so I had no idea how far away I was from the incoming
ball.  Most of the time I could duck, but I'd get nailed regularly.  I
dislike baseball to this day!

We have a pretty funny dynamic at home with the kids:  I usually "protect"
my son Alex, because he's five years his sister's junior.  Laura sides with
Anna for the same rationale.  Funny how you don't outgrow old ways,
sometimes.  My brother, though I "love him like a brother", can still fall
into the same role when one of us visits the other.  Too funny!

You didn't beat your sisters up?  Is that because girls are more "catty" and
use words to hurt instead of fists (or baseballs)?
-Kyle