C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 11:07:38 -0700
My 6 year old son Adam, had the Baclofen pump fitted 3 weeks ago at
Shriners Hospital in Sacramento, CA. This is the nearest thing to a cure
for CP that I have seen. I know that controversial, but I was amazed at
the response after the trial. Most of spasticity disappeared (NOTE - not
contractures). Adam is currently on a low low dose and it is being
brought up slowly at weekly intervals.
Adam is DD, non-verbal and non abulatory. Since the pump his left arm is
more functional, he is more lucid (alert) and he is sleeping better.
Adam is one of the smallest kids to get the pump, and it sure is huge.
We hope it won't erode. The surgery went OK, Adam had pain for about 5
days but is doing great.

Angela Patterson