C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:04:05 -0500
Hi Kathy Jo,

I have spastic diplegia... I think it's pretty mild, it only affects my legs
and some of my coordination.  I use a power chair, since that gives me the
freedom to go long distances on my own without getting tired.  I'm finishing
up my first year in the honors program at George Washington University in
DC, I live in a dorm, and I'm loving it!  I'm living with a girl I was
friends with in high school, but next year I'm going to have a room of my
own (Virginia Woolf, anyone? <g>).  The only help I have is a great senior
who wants to go into OT.  She comes in for about half an hour morning and
night to help me get in/out of bed, change clothes, and shower.  If there's
anything else I can tell you, please ask.  I'd make every effort to live
independently.  It's been one of the best experiences of my life, and I'll
never go back.

~Joy~