C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:43:34 -0500
For those of you that live in or around Orlando you may all ready of heard the news about Zachary broadcast all over the news on Friday and Saturday.

Zachary is now a victim of near drowning, that's right my baby was dead Friday afternoon after falling into the back yard pool, but due to the quick action of my angel Gabriel(age 6) who grabbed him out of the pool immediately and then came and got us, he is home from the hospital today.  I must also tell you that I am certified in CPR and did perform CPR on him before help arrived, his heart never stopped beating and he only stopped breathing no more than five minutes.

He has long road of recovery ahead, he still cannot sit up, crawl,talk, or even walk yet, but as fast as he is progressing we are hopeful that it will all come back in time.

Again I must say everyone, please learn CPR and if you have a back yard pool, make sure to put up a baby guard fence around it.

God Bless everyone, and I need to go for now, talk to you all later.
Deborah mom of 4