C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill K Ach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:59:41 EDT
Not being a mental health professional, I'll agree to the term
Projecting.  I've heard two expressions over the years that I'm sure
we've all heard: ''People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones,'' and:
''The pot calling the kettle black.''  From the ''For What It's Worth
Department.''

Bill
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:52:27 -0400 "Cleveland, Kyle E."
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I'm thinking Bobby might have the answer for me, but I'll throw the
>question
>out to the list:
>
>What is the term for the condition where an individual sees their own
>condition in others, but not themselves?  For example, say a guy
>reports to
>his friends that his boss has a short temper, has difficulty
>remembering
>details, issues with honesty, etc.  Yet, it's not the man's boss that
>has
>thes issues, but the man himself.  I thought at first it was
>"transference",
>but I don't think that's it.  Any ideas?
>
>-Kyle

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.