C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:59:44 +0100
Hi Kat,

On Tuesday 04 Apr 2006 00:13, Kathleen Salkin wrote:
> Thanks ever so, Deri!  I'm sorry to say that mime settings are still
> Greek
> to me but am I correct in understanding you to say that the fault was
> in the way
> each subscriber has his or her listserv settings configured?

Yes, that's it. The "best" setting for all modern mail readers is "Normal
LISTSERV-style header [FULLHDR]", and this is now the default for all new
subscribers.

> I use Apple's Os X Mail app but am using the plain text setting, not the
> rich text format as I like my emails plain. ;)  I remember all the
> problems
> we had a couple of years ago when someone on this list used a Windows
> email
> software that was all graphics and it created a mess.  I don't want
> to make
> things difficult for anyone so let me know if my emails still look
> wonky.
>
> I suppose this all means I should stop checking my home emails at
> work and
> replying to them via the web!

No, its fine using the WebMail interface. If anyone sees weird "=2E" then just
set them to [FULLHDR].

> Kat
>
> P.S. Deri, I did have a Linux box  -- well a Linux installation on a
> Pentium III
> machine -- but I got a Mac Mini last summer and have used it ever
> since.  And hey,
> Os X is built on Unix, so I'm not entirely Unix-free! ;)

So long as its not that convicted corporate criminal Microsoft?