C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 10:41:23 -0600
"How do children with CP make friends with typical kids?"

Pretty much the same way as any other kid (or adult).  Find they have
common interests, start a conversation, or join a shared activity.
Sometimes a kid with CP will make friends with a "typical kid" if they
share similar obstacles.  My best friend in grade school (grades 1 - 6, if
you're not from the US) was also picked on by more "typical kids."
His issue was being smarter than everyone else.  When he was in high school
he realized he was gay, so that was likely part of it, too.

Basically the kid with CP and the typical kid need to see beyond their
differences and see the things they have in common.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950