C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:29:45 -0400
You don't know why your parents won't let you talk on the phone while they're not home?  Could you ask them why?  Seems to me they owe you an explanation for that.

As for the credit card, that's easy to say, but very hard for some people to follow, especially if you aren't used to handling a lot of money or have a good job.  You should have a good enough income along with a well-planned budget to pay the essentials first and the fun stuff afterwards.  The essentials are things like the rent (or mortgage), utilities, phone bills, gas for the car, housecleaning, etc., which comes to almost three-quarters of my monthly income.  One of the absolute essentials is socking money away in a savings account and investing some in capital stocks, etc.  Then I can play.  However, there are some months when an unexpected necessity comes up and I can't play too much, but that's OK, because I know it won't be forever.  It's very hard work, but I have to do it or starve.  I won't use my credit card even though I have one.

Kat