C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 04:48:06 +0100
On Sunday 29 October 2006 01:07, ken barber wrote:

> not a one gave a credible plan. now multiply the
> number of terrorist involved by thousands, and
> multiply the number of people who could be killed if
> intelligence fails to stop plots, and you are looking
> at how hard it is for our government people trying to
> protect the country.

Hi Ken,

One reason the IRA decided to pursue a peaceful path is because their upper
echelons were infiltrated by MI6 informants - it took 20 odd years but was
successful in the end. So you are absolutely right, intelligence is the key
to winning any battle.

But where you are dead wrong, is in imagining that ANY Guantanimo inmates have
any current intelligence worth learning.

In your little "test" for us ("How to rescue a loved one") I'd suggest the
best strategy would be to ask the authorities to release the captured
terrorist to live in my house for 3 days (with appropriate measures to ensure
my safety!!). Realisation of the effects of particular aberrant behaviour
(which terrorism is a form) has been proved to be effective in rehabilitating
offenders.

Cheers

Deri