C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:32:19 +0800
Anthony,

We have the same thing here in Aus.  I just had a review from the
government in order to keep recieving the pension.  One form for me
and one for my doctor.  It drives me up the wall too.  I keep wanting
to scrawl across the form in red pen `There is no cure you idiots -
still a cripple!!!'.  I don't mind the CP - I DO mind having to
constantly prove it.  I heard a story from someone about a friend of
hers who also has CP, and he got a call one day from a government
official who said `It says here in our records that you are cured'.
!!!!!  His response, `Really?  Well I'm looking at my w/chair that's
sitting across the other side of the room...'

Rayna