C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 06:58:06 -0400

> P.S. Thanks for filling me in on KMA. Can't really go there sinc I may
want to
> teach adjunct sometime. Get this. U of M pays about $2,000 per course per
> semester. U of Texas at Austin pays $6,000 per course per semester.
>
> Bobby

Bobby, i know academia is different. but, i actually joined the club years
earlier than most. i was told by a division director, in a memo, that he
needed something by a certian day. i memoed him back that it could not be
done in such a short time. nothing else happened. the day came, he came out
to where the chief of accounting and i were working and ask if we had it
finished. i told him "no". he said "i sent you a memo that i needed it
today." , i said "jim, i took your memo and laid it in front of this
computer, and it was not impressed.". the chief of accounting then said,
"jim, go back into your office and close the door behind you, and ken and i
will give that to you when it is possible." the boss went back to his
office, closed the door and we did not see him for the rest of the day. you
can be in the KMA club if they will be lots worse off without you than if
you stay. the chief of accounting and i were both too important to that
organization at the time to be fired for any reason and we knew it.

those were the days, i could work fast, long hours if necessary. when i was
young i was good.