C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 7 May 2005 20:13:17 EDT
Kathy Jo, I've accepted my disability.  There are too many people who  work
as care providers for the disabled but it's nothing more than  overprotective
parents.  There are some reasons to this but there are those  who need more
encouragement to be able to function as independently as  possible.  I've seen
too many brainwashed that they will never be able to  function on their own and
I've came across people who you would think are are  incapable of being on
their own but have a great social life and need no help  what so ever. m