C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:26:00 EDT
Hi Karen-

Well you know that I will be happy to be in on this little project.  I am
probably the only one in Idaho.  Well as far as active members on the list
anyway.  We have a large number of CP peopel in this area (Eastern Idaho--
who's principle cities are Pocatello, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls).    Now as
far as phyicaly meeting people I can only get to those in Pocatello since I
don't drive.  But cirtenly there is e-mail, and the phone.

The UCP center in Idaho is over in Bosie which is an entire days drive.  I
don't know that it offers that much.  We have an Ester Seals office here in
Pocatello which is by the way tied for the second largest city in Idaho.  I
have called them before and I am not shue why that office is oppen because as
far as I can tell they don't do anything.  We have been trying to set up
something similar through the CW HOG group.  And we have been bringing in
more middle and highschoolers.  As for Elementry this is a population that is
a little underserved around here as far as socialization goes--as I related
in my  story about the boy with spina biffida.

Anee
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/

In a message dated 8/17/00 8:16:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,