C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:41:19 +0100
On Saturday 15 August 2009 18:07:52 Kathleen Salkin wrote:
> I read that she had to wear the sweater on the sales floor until they
> switched over to the winter uniform which has sleeves.  But when she
> objected, they moved her to the stock room.
>
> Which version is correct???  I'm sure by the time we get the news
> across the pond it's been diluted.
>
> Kat

I think you are saying the same thing as the article:-

"Miss Dean, who was forced to work in the stockroom after wearing a cardigan
to cover her prosthetic arm, had originally sued the company for up to
£20,000."

So she insisted on wearing a sleeved cardigan while all other sales staff were
presumably sleeveless. However, her subsequent decision to allow the press to
take photos of her with short sleeves rather shows she was not too bothered by
showing her prosthetic arm. She might have had a case if it had been the other
way round, A&F had insisted she wore sleeves, but  it was the opposite!!

Cheers

Deri