C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:22:32 -0500
Thank you Trisha.  Visited the site you referenced.  Realized I hadn't
accepted virus protection offered with my new computer.  I wanted another
brand.  Guess I should have bargained with Dell.

I bought a Dell Inspiron 7500 Laptop loaded with ram and mucho gigs, a newly
minted Pentium III, Windows NT Workstation (with free upgrade to Win 2000,
assuming Microsoft gets to market next year.  I've had one hell of time
getting this beasty to work.  My old Aptiva died before I could
transfer files, so I'm starting anew on many levels.

Thank G my accountant is doing his job to keep me and the IRS at peace, as
there's no way I can relist this last year's investment activities
without burning extensive hours transferring from paper to computer.  Of
course, I still don't have the slightest how to use data bases or
spreadsheets.  With my puter maven and accountant friend Norman (not my
present accountant) dwelling with the angels (I hope, he felt enough heat
when planet-side) more than usually obscure from his current heights (though
I rarely understood what he was talking about) I will have to rely on more
self learning.  Regretably my learning pathe is strewn with mistakes and
repeated efforts enough to win me a certificate in land mine installation.

While my finances challenge and repair the best news to date: the Doctors
haven't found anything medically significant in the tests I've undergone:
the worst, so far,  spastic colon...maybe...One benign polyp removed.  I'm
still writing and waiting for written reports.  No other signs of cancer.
I've gone off the Zoloft--which I'd hoped tro use as a pain repressdant,
muscle relaxant, and to prophylax a winter "depression"--as it was making
happen what I was taking it for not to do.  Actually am finally feeling more
serenity, mental acuity, and well being than I have in ages.  Not that
everything's as it might be, a lot needs doing: finally more seems possible,
if only at a day at a time.

Appreciate your support and caring.  You have your charm.  Hope you and
Amber enjoy the holidays.  Think of the rest of us as pagans who don't know
we are, that may help you feel more part of the party. [ || ;-)>

Steve