C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:38:50 EDT
Hi,

The brain is ALWAYS plastic. HBOT works better on kids, but it also works on
adults. I am in touch with a facility that does HBOT with adults. If I had
the money and the time, I'd JUMP to do it. It might take longer for us to see
results than with the kiddies, but then again... considering that I have
always responded well to alternative treatments and am very active, I might
be one of those few that get really good results or not very much in the
beginning.

Do I think we should try it? YEP, you bet!! The more active we are, the more
of a chance to see results no matter how long after the "insult it is."

If you believe that the brain is not capable of changing in our adults
years.. Think of it this way: People who have strokes have been known to
recover, and so have people with TBI in many ways. They may not always return
to where they were before the event, but they have improved in many, many
ways. Those that fight the odds and are determined NOT to believe that
"nothing can be done" are the ones who lose out in the end.

Just my .02 cents of thinking,

Dina