C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:30:30 -0400
No, I don't. My spine's straight and I've got pretty good posture.  The
only lung problems I've ever had is bronchitis when I was 8 or so.  Now, my
mum, on the other hand, had triple-lobe pnuemonia when I was in high school
and died of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.  But she smoked for many years
and I haven't smoked since 1979 after seven years of smoking a half-pack a
day.  So I'm not really at a higher risk for lung problems except for one
factor - I'm in a wheelchair and sitting all the time pushes my which
increases pressure on the esophaugus and lungs.

Kat