C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:53:06 -0600
Linda,

I was 10 or 11 (in 4th grade, anyway).  John (my brother) finally got
sick of me not being able to keep up.  It was basically the same thing
with driving - he got tired of having to give me rides.  When I learned
to ride a bike, I had balance problems, and spasticity and tightness in
my legs (mostly the right).  My CP is secondary to hydrocephalus, and
when I was 16, I had another surgery for the hydrocephalus that resulted
in left hemiplegia.  Unfortunately, I can't ride a two-wheeler any more.
My wife also has CP, and has ridden a three wheeled bike.  We're looking
at getting a three wheeled recumbent bike, or bikes, as we need to do
something to stay in better shape.

Kendall Corbett

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950