C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 10:23:25 -0700
I am scheduled to go into the hospital on July 16th to have the baclofen
pump installed. The University of Washington Medical Center was asked a
month ago for their Service Dog policy, and I have yet to see it. I keep
telling the hospital that I AM bringing my Doberman Pinscher to the
hospital to stay with me, and some people say it's okay, and some say NO!
But, I can't get a straight answer, and a friend of mine, after 3 weeks of
having her dog with her, was told to have her dog removed and NOT have him
come back. She knows it's because of another disabled person who let their
dog run around OFF-LEAD and under no control. It's NOT fair to us who are
responsible, and I NEED my dog with me (according to the Pre-Surgery clinic
nurse), I won't need my dog because people will be caring for me.

Dana Marshall
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/5326