C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:23:55 -0800
I went to Respite at Cornerstone from November fifth to eleventh , while my parents were on
vacation at Branson.  Cornerstone is for people that need help living.  During the week I went to
Day Service.  At Day Service , they have classes in the mornings and other activities in the
afternoons.  When I first heard that I was going to have to take some classes , I thought Oh no
school again , but actually I liked all of my classes that week.  The first day , I went on a
outing to Wal-Mart and out to eat at Pizza Hut.  I over spent and it was really a treat to eat at
Pizza Hut!!    I took a domestic housekeeping class on laundry and the other people that were in
that particular class were so funny to say the least.  Another class was about Self-Awareness and
I had a lot of fun in there with another person that was taking that same class with me.  I met a
lot of nice people.  Cornerstone has nine permanent homes plus the respite house.  I really
wouldn't mind living there on a permanent basis.