C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:32:46 EST
In a message dated 1/23/2002 1:16:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Yeah, I regard myself as an "evangelical" (not 'fundy') Christian as well,
> Bobby.  This guy goes beyond the pale, though.  I watched this cat on the
> toob a few years back--made me want to "vomick" (as me dear mum would say).
> I believe Jesus referred to his ilk as "money changers".  Twenty-eight
> bucks
> for a video???  It probably cost less than that to produce!  What a
> Jamocha!!!  Not only does he put a bad taste in "thinking" folks' mouths
> (almost mixed a metaphor there) re: christianity, but does the same for us
> gimp-a-zoids.  Bet his wife wears a "nice" dress and sensible flats to bed.
> Oy!
>
> Just keepin' it real.   --K-Dog.  Peace.  Out.

This gimp-a-zoid is trying to go through the money changer's website to get
the whole picture before she throws him out of the temple.  The more she
reads, the more she becomes determined not to keep silent.

Why do bad things happen to God's people?  That's the rhetorical question he
asks, and I am about to read his answer.  I needed to come here first,
though, for strength.

Before I get going too much though, I might suggest that if somebody on the
list is able to find comfort there, when comfort has not been forthcoming or
perceived as forthcoming from elsewhere, perhaps continued villifications
might be counterproductive.

It just comes to me to say these things every now and again.  Actually, I
have no idea what in the heck I am talking about.

On another note, b flat.