C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 04:32:54 -0800
Hi Mag,

I agree with you, but, my parents don't, unfortunately .  :((( Maybe I should give my caseworker a call. ?

Kathy Jo

[log in to unmask] wrote:
Hi Kathy Jo,

Your parents may miss you if you leave home, but it's time to be independent
of them. You can't live your life for them, you have to do what is right for
you. You need to get used to living on your own without them making your
decisions for you. I hate to think about the day they pass away and you don't know
how to cope on your own. Who is going to "take care" of you when your parents
die? It is hard to lose a parent even if you have been on your own for 25
years. If living in a group home is what you want to do, maybe you should try it
out for six months. If living on your own, with an assistant is what you want,
you should try that now for six months.

I care about you, Kathy Jo. That's why I'm kicking you in the tush now. And
if your parents really love you, they should be encouraging you to be more
independent.

Mag