C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 08:18:05 -0400
Beth,

Your last post rings pretty true for my life as well.  My mother
basically refuses to discuss disability issues with me without also
going off on how the dr. screwed up when I was born (which, BTW, I am
fairly certain is not true).  Mt parents also raised me to be "normal"
but they tended to coddle me at the same time as I am an only child.
And I especially identify with the shopping scenario!  My mom is the
exact same.  I can stand ok, but my feet fall asleep and my back starts
to hurt and she thinks I am makig it up so we can go home!

Linda