C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:18:27 -0700
Bobby and Dave,

The first time I heard anyone use the word "gimp," it was my Voc. Rehab
Counselor when I was in college.  He was a quad, who referred to me and
himself as "gimps," but only after he'd gotten to know me a little bit.
I think he did it as kind of a yardstick to see if I was ready to see my
disability as something that was less than the end of the world.  I
still keep in touch with him, even though he works for Rehab Services
Admin down in Atlanta now.

Kendall Corbett
Coordinator of Consumer Activities
Wyoming INstitute for Disabilities -WIND
PO Box 4298
Laramie, WY 82071
(307) 766-2853