C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"R. Hintz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 03:12:37 EST
Several years ago I was walking into a convenience store (no cane then) when
a 5/6 came up and said: "When I saw you walking in, I thought you were a
monster" and her mother kept trying to drag her away from me. I calmly
answered the little girl's questions and mom finally let go and let her talk
to me. Her mom meant well, but unfortunately parents' reactions create fear,
and dislike. Renee