C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:29:57 -0500
oh... this is good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth H. Thiers [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 7:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Soooo True

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Tesnow [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 8:25 AM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:@snipe.prod.itd.earthlink.net;;
Subject: Soooo True

A little woman called Mount Sinai Hospital. She said,
"Mount
Sinai Hospital?

Hello. Darling, I'd like to talk with the
person who gives
the information about the patients. But I don't want to
know
if the patient is better or doing like expected, or worse, I
want
all the information from top to bottom, from A to Z."

The voice on the
other end of the line said, "Would you hold
the line, please, that's a very
unusual request."

Then a very authoritative voice came on and said, "Are
you
the lady who is calling about one of the patients?"

She said,
"Yes, darling!  I'd like to know the information
about Sarah Finkel, in
Room 302."

He said, "Finkel. Finkel. Let me see. Feinberg, Farber ---
Finkel. Oh yes, Mrs. Finkel is doing very well. In fact,
she's had two
full meals, her doctor says if she continues
improving as she is, he is
going to send her home Tuesday
at twelve o'clock."

The woman said,
"Thank God! That's wonderful! She's going
home at twelve o'clock! I'm so
happy to hear that. That's
wonderful news."

The guy on the other end
said, "From your enthusiasm, I take
it you must be one of the close
family."

She said, "What close family? I'm Sarah Finkel! My doctor
tells me nothing!"