C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:32:55 -0800
Hi all!

I know this subject has come up a number of times since I've been on
this list.  But I need to talk about it again because: Oh I don't
know, I guess I'm just lonely.

I live in Ca near the beach.  I went down there today and just sat on
the warf injoying the warm  sun.  I thought about how well my life was
going, and how happy I was.  Then, all at once, I got really sad.  I
thought about how long it had been since I had held a woman's hand.  I
have lots of women friends in my life, but nun that I can say I date
for feel really close to.  I mean, yeah we might go out to eat or go
to a movie now &Then, but that's about it.  I like my women friends in
different ways &for different reasons.  But I don't really feel
anything for any of them friendship.  Some are stonger then others,
but friendships just the same.

So I placed an add in a local paper here.  It was one of those things
where after you place the add, they send you back a mail box numer.
They give you a phone number to call to see if people have responded.

So right now, my add is running for the second week.  I've talked with
2 women thus far, and although they were nice over the phone, I doubt
if I'll hear from either of them again.  I've been very up-front about
my disabillity.  I have nothing to hide.  What you see is what you get
you know?

So I guess what I'm asking here, is just to hear about different
exsperiences that you've all had with this.  At different times in my
life, I've dated both disabled &nondisabled women.  The longest I was
with someone was when I lived with an able-bodied woman for 5 years.

So I know there's someone out there for me, if anything, I'm probably
trying to hard right now.  So after all that, I guess I just need to
bring it up for discussion.  Oh yeah, I've attached my add here.
Please let me know what you think both pro&con.

Thanks-Gary

Hi! I'm 47 and looking for someone to spend time with and talk to. Age &looks are not important. I just want to be excepted for who I am, and in return except you for who you are. I like holding hands and cuddling allot. In general, I like life! Movies, music etc. If this sounds like you, please Email: [log in to unmask]