C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:26:56 -0500
I am not angry. No need to be. It came across to me as get over it. We
aren't able to get many decent to run for office in this country becasue we
love to tear people down and find the dirt and cast doubt on them - be
morally smug and superior. If he said he had forgiven them - there would be
those outraged by that. Just by virtue of making a statement he is wrong. I
happen to know - that 20% of the people are going to disagree with you
before you ever open your mouth and say anything - regardless of what you
are going to say. I would rather have a grizzled warrior - than a yuppy
prince lead me. While the President can make a real ass of himself - its
takes the whole government to run the country amuck. I find we label people
for a certain event or belief and them attribute things to them. You fight
this perception with your disablity. I think it would be nice to extend
understanding and fairness you would want for yourself.

                                       Trisha

> Thinking more about this as I'm troubled by your anger...
>
> I don't believe I am saying "get over it".  Of course that's callous!  No
> one is denying his pain here, least of all me.  But the fact of the matter
> is that the man is wanting to be commander-in chief of the strongest
nation
> in the world.  If Senator McCain is still haunted by these ghosts of the
> past, then I think for the good of the nation that these ghosts be put to
> bed, so to speak.  Arrogance?  Not intended.  Humility? You're absolutely
> right!  I could never be humble enough for what I've been given, nor for
> what I've been forgiven. Gotta admit, though, holding resentment and
hatred
> for past wrongs feels good.  Damn good.   It's like when you haven't had a
> cigarette in a week and you finally get your hands on a smoke.  You feel
> that nicotine hit your brain with a rush and it feels so go-o-o-o-o-d.
The
> downside is that it's killing you, not the shareholders of R.J. Reynolds.
> Same thing goes for the anger.  Who is it hurting?  Certainly not Sen.
> McCain's captors.

Until