C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 08:42:01 -0400
My child was a 25 weeker.  She could not eat well either.  We came home with an NG tube.  We had to put it down her nose to her stomach ever few days.  She got older and pulled them out every day so we had to do something at 1 1/2 years...she had stopped growing and gaining weight as well.  They are very easy to change at home...only take 2 mins.
They are easy to use and can be taken out when they ar not needed.  We just took m childs out last year at age 14.  She had not used it in over a year...we wanted to make sure she could hold her weight up by mouth.  She still only eats soft foods like mash patatoes and yogurt....but.

SO yes they are easy... just decide what kind u want them to have.

there are 2 main kind...mickey and cubby.  We liked the mickey but had scar tissue build-up with them ...so we changed to the cubby tube and did not have scar tissue the last 10 years....u can find picutres on-line.

there is a good gtube list for families with gtubes....I will forward some to u.

Kristina