C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. MARGOLIS
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 16:54:01 -0400
Much of modern sensibilities are atomized around compensation for
deficiencies, insecurities, incompletion which the commodities of the
industrial system are made to compensate and fulfill.

We disabled don't match and fit.  We threaten the artifice of temporary well
being.  TABs see us as the living embodiments of what they sublimate about
themselves and project their self loathing onto us.

Clint Eastwood, pushing wealth, virility, and hatred of being old and
vulnerable, lashes out in non self acceptance.  Instead of putting wealth
and good will into an accommodated inclusive welcoming environment and
attitudes he seeks exclusion and denial.

We threaten the survival of their illusions as much as their illusions of
survival.