C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Freels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:14:34 -0400
Information can change things and change things in a hurry.

A new listserv started less than two weeks ago and already Alaska,
Arkansas, and possibly Texas have decided to reimburse HBOT for
brain-injured children.

Documentation is available for download at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/medicaidforhbot/files/ .

A number of state Medicaid officials across the country have been contacted
and invited to also participate in this important discussion. Several have
already signed on and several more have said they are going to reconsider
their coverage decisions on hyperbaric oxygen for brain-injured children.

I encourage you to subscribe and encourage others to subscribe as well.
mailto:[log in to unmask] .

I especially encourage you to tell your state legislators and state
Medicaid officials and caseworkers to also subscribe--as well as any and
all advocacy groups you can think of.

The information contained in the files section is not just for Medicaid. It
can also help doctors and other providers make a decision to prescribe
HBOT. In addition, insurance companies could also surely benefit when they
are deciding whether or not to reimburse.

If we continue to press on, we may actually gain a victory for our children.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form
of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson, an early advocate of
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
David Freels
2948 Windfield Circle
Tucker, GA 30084-6714
USA
770/491-6776 (phone and fax)
509/275-1618 (efax, sends fax as email attachment)
mailto:[log in to unmask]

mailto:[log in to unmask]

mailto:[log in to unmask]