C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:19:58 -0600
Even those who do qualify for Medicaid often lost Medicaid prescription
coverage if they also qualify for Medicare.  When Medicare Part D became
available, prescription coverage became an optional service under
Medicaid, so most states dropped it.

The problem with this is that since individual companies were given the
option of the drugs that they'd cover, and the premiums they would
charge, some people were forced to pay much more for the drugs they
needed to survive.  Other people had chosen plans that they thought
would cover the meds they needed, only to find out the drug wasn't
covered.

KJ, if you have specific questions, email; me privately, and I'll do
what I can to help, or get you in touch with someone in Wisconsin (or
Minnesota?) who can help.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950