C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amy Frick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:26:24 -0400
Hi my daughter, Alexandra has feeding issues she just recently got rid
of her thrust reflex, however still won't swallow anything but stage 1
or 2 baby food.  We have been trying a new product from Gerber, they are
"puffs" and are like cereal, but dissolve easier.  We introduced them to
her 2 months ago and now she will keep them in her mouth for a minute
before spitting them out.  Still no swallowing, but she will get there
eventually.  Hope this helps.

Amy - Mom of Alexandra 15 months - Cleft lip/palate, Extrapyramidal CP,
Optic Nerve Hypoplasia and Hydrocephalous.