C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:25:50 -0500
Welcome Diane!

Do you have an occupational therapist working with you?  They'd be the best
person to ask these sort of questions as each case is different.

Personally speaking, I think six is awfully young to give up printing.  I
never had problems with my handwriting - aside from the fact that I'm
left-handed and my teachers tried to get me to switch - but I do know that
there are plenty of assistive devices out there to assist in writing.  You
just need to talk to an occupational therapist who would know about such
things.

As for the legal aspect of signatures, I'd say that in this age of debit
cards, etc. signatures are a formality. I just squiggle mine and no one
says a thing about it.  If he'll need to sign legals papers, he can "X" his
signature with witnesses.

Kat

http://mail2web.com/ .