C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"R. Hintz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:25:29 EST
Finding a doc open and intelligent enough to learn about cp has always been
challenging. Most don't think I know what's normal for my own body, or make
assumptions about what's normal for CP. My fear is that at some point I'll
have something serious (like a stroke or a brain tumor) and I'll get "that's
normal, its just her CP" response. This happened 18 months ago when I had
episodes of urinary incontinence and the urologist decided it was just my CP
since they are "associated." It turned out to be a symptom of something else
entirely.

Although I am ambulatory, I have significant trouble with my balance. I
always see mammograms demonstrated as the woman standing with an arm up. This
would risk a fall for me. Has anyone had a mammogram sitting down or other
accommodations? I'd hate to fall in the middle of a mammogram! Renee