C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 00:03:33 +0800
Welcome to the list Norma.
I just wanted to say, thank you so much for telling us about your
school experiences.  Like you, I had a very hard time in school.  I
was subjected to continual physical and emotional harrassment by other
students for nearly 10 years.  The school environment was not adapted
to make things easier for me - there were many steep steps without
handrails, for example.  Unlike yours however, my parents never did
anything about the harrassment (they said the kids were picking on me
because I was obnoxious), despite my continually telling them about
it.  Neither did the teachers.  I am so happy to see that your mother
did go into bat for you to do something about the way you were
treated.
It's great that you are a kindegarten teacher now, kids of that age
are just wonderful, aren't they?

Again, welcome to the list.

Rayna